Minimize security risks with software compatibility and use and maintain readiness to audit.
HCL BigFix Inventory provides the basis for software auditing and security risk mitigation through compatibility and usage analysis enabled by discovering all licensed and non-licensed software with comprehensive level of detail on all devices.
Single console, single server, single intelligent agent design provides continuous and automatic updates. BigFix Inventory processes usage and file systems to reduce security risks and to determine the number of copies that have been deployed. Spend less time running software asset inventory for license reconciliation or compliance purposes while reducing software spending.
Take advantage of extensive software and hardware inventory, processes, and file system scans to enable security policies and configurations.
- It manages hundreds of thousands of software assets on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, and Linux endpoints and can be deployed throughout the organization in just a few hours, not weeks or months.
- Provides a comprehensive Software Identification Catalog, including more than 40,000 software products to help facilitate asset identification and reporting.
- Provides advanced reporting, including role-based management and sub-capacity management, to help ensure licensing compliance.
- Provides hardware usage and measurement as well as discovery for software, processes, and file systems to help prepare for auditing. These capabilities also identify unused software, resulting in cost savings and reduced security risks.
- Integrates with HCL software products to improve management throughout the software lifecycle, from procurement to termination, including security compliance. Manages software assets across hundreds of thousands of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, and Linux endpoints
- Provides visibility to computing devices across topologies in a different type of environment, whether on or off the corporate network.
- The single agent, single console and single server view of all highly scalable assets ensures effective software asset management at all times to ensure audit readiness.
- Reduces licensing costs by discovering all licensed and non-licensed software with comprehensive level of detail across all operating systems and devices.
- Reduces security vulnerabilities by discovering all authoritative and non-authoritative software on all operating systems and devices with extensive level of detail. Discover file systems as well as processes and usage for the analysis of installed binary files. Provides a comprehensive Software Identification Catalog
- With more than 8,000 software publishers, more than 40,000 software products and over 105,000 application signatures, it simplifies software identification.
- In Software Identification, the ISO 19770 standard is enabled to reduce the need for complex software signatures.
- It combines the inventory data collected with the software identification catalog to create a browseable warehouse.
- Provides continuous updates with information about commercial applications and publishers through a cloud-based update service.
- It can be easily customized to include tracking your proprietary and patented applications, without the need for scripting or coding. Provides advanced reporting
- It provides reports on the status and suitability of software assets within minutes, regardless of the size of the environment. It includes both full reporting and sub-capacity reporting.
- Provides increased visibility into software license usage to help you plan software budgets based on inventory and usage trends.
- Facilitates planning for software upgrades and migrations by allowing administrators to determine which endpoints meet the prerequisites.
- Identifies and analyzes security compliance policies for software and system configurations.
- Integrates multi-role and multi-lease access rights with reports and data with default settings that can be easily customized to your business needs. Provides discovery for software, processes, file systems, hardware and usage measurement
- Enables users to browse data on software license usage and applications to help identify unused software and limit vulnerability and security vulnerability.
- It provides aggregated statistics and usage by searching, filtering, sorting, viewing, and exporting data for potentially hundreds of thousands of endpoints.
- Allows users to create and manage information about software agreements and product licenses that can help improve licensing compliance.
- It enables users to analyze security vulnerabilities by providing file system scans, processes, usage metrics, and data for installed binary files.
- Provides comprehensive hardware inventory with detailed virtualization configuration and computer capabilities information.